At Ride-Away, we think that fleeces are an equestrian essential. Here, we tell you why we love fleece rugs so much and why we think they should make up part of every horse’s wardrobe.
* For travel, fleece rugs provide a lightweight covering that helps to keep the horse warm during transportation, but prevents him overheating as fleeces are breathable.
* In the stable, a fleece provides a little extra warmth, making it ideal for cooler
summer evenings or time inside on warmer days.
* After bathing or washing down post exercise, fleeces help keep the horse warm
whilst allowing him to dry, as they allow moisture to move through the fabric to the
outer layer where it evaporates away. This action means that the horse should not
get cold, even after washing, though he will dry slowly and remain comfortable
whilst he’s doing this.
* In the winter, fleeces can be used as effective under rugs as not only do they
provide extra warmth, there are very easy to wash, helping to keep rugs fresh,
clean and hygienic during the winter weather.
* Fleece rugs are incredibly easy to care for as they fit in a standard washing
machine and, when used with a wash bag, your machine remains clean after the
cycle has taken place.
* Fleece rugs are, on the whole, incredibly affordable with prices starting from under £30. Depending on the brand you go for, the price does vary, but considering the many ways that they can be used, they are great value.
* You’ll find that many fleece rugs are available in funky colours. For example, Horseware, Shires and Weatherbeeta produce striped variations, the Weatherbeeta Joules range comes in great designs, and other manufacturers such as Masta and others produce striking colour combinations.
* It’s worth noting that there is more than one type of fleece, from the more conventional Polar Fleece to the Standard Thermatex rug which provides additional warmth, Masta’s Suede Fleece which gives a suede feel to the outer fabric, and others.
* In addition to all this, many fleece rugs are really smart, making them more than suitable for shows and competitions, when you want your horse to look his best.
To see our range of fleeces… http://www.rideaway.co.uk/coolerssweat-rugs
Keep in touch
Sign up for our email updates on product offers