Ride-Away (York) Limited (Ride-Away) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Ride-Away (York) Limited, whose registered address is Registered Company Name and Registered Office Ride-away (York) Limited, Derby House, Mossy Lea Road, Wrightington, Wigan, England, WN6 9RE Company No. 03791164. VAT GB 288787867
Subject to "Statement on the use and disclosure of Personal Data" below, by using the Website, you understand and agree that the information you provide through the Website will be held on a database created and operated by Ride-Away Limited and any of their affiliated companies, and/or other selected third parties to provide and personalise our service. We, our group and affiliated companies, and other carefully selected third parties, may contact you for marketing reasons via post,
telephone, fax or email or other appropriate means.
What information do we collect and why?
When you make a purchase online, sign up to our Ride-Away catalogue or enter a prize draw/competition, you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and payment information. These are collected to help us:
· Process your online orders including sending order confirmation and delivery information via email;
· Contact you about your order, account or credit status where required;
· Deliver safe and secure shopping by helping to prevent and detect fraud. We may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes;
· Speed up your form filling processes if you've registered online;
· Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research/shopping analysis, customer polls and surveys;
· Enhance your shopping experience by delivering a more personally tailored offer;
· Respond to any issues or queries via the customer service advisor teams; and/or
· Notify you about changes to our service.
We will also automatically collect data such as dates and times of your visits to the Website.
How we protect your information
We endeavour to protect your information by:
· Encrypting your personal information. When you place an order or access your account information, your information will be sent through to us. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly your credit card details from unauthorised use;
· Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change; and
· Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Protecting your security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Act.
Statement on the use and disclosure of Personal Data
We may send you, for example, brochures, leaflets, catalogues and other promotional material for our products and services. We may also telephone or email you to discuss order details or for market or service research. In addition, we may include leaflets or brochures for complimentary products and services from third parties with our marketing communications or parcels.
We may also permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these by post or telephone. They may also contact you by email or SMS where you have consented to receiving such communications.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to ensure our quality standards are maintained and for fraud prevention purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Newtyle Trading Limited group, which means Ride-Away and Derby House Limited's subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006, and also to affiliated companies and other selected third parties for the purposes described above.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· If Ride-Away or substantially all of its/their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its/their customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and any and/or all other agreements or contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ride-Away, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, for example, the order form. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit
any personal data to these websites.
In order that we can monitor and improve the Website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP (Internet Provider) address, operating system and browser.
Click here for further information about cookies and how they are used.
You have a right to access the personal data about you that is held by us. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at the following address: Registered Company Name and Registered Office Ride-away (York) Limited, Derby House, Mossy Lea Road, Wrightington, Wigan, England, WN6 9RE Company No. 03791164. VAT GB 288787867, enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £10 payable to Ride-Away (York) Limited to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any queries about data protection, please contact us on 0800 917 9204.